Digital marketing utilizes your business’s online presence to promote your products or services. At Kevin Brown Design, we believe in a strategic marketing approach to take sites beyond beautiful design. With this strategy, we help you convert more visitors into leads and more leads to sales, ultimately increasing your profits.
What Is a Digital Marketing Strategy
Your digital marketing strategy is the guidebook for how you promote your brand using different digital marketing channels. These channels include:
- Content Creation
- Social Media
- Digital PR
We have outlined the basics and need-to-knows of each tactic to help you understand and leverage the marketing techniques that fit your business goals!
Rather than narrowing down and going after one platform, a digital marketing strategy allows you to take a holistic approach in looking at how all channels work together. Your digital marketing strategy should include components like:
- Goals: Analyze your current marketing efforts and where you would like to be in a year.
- Competitor review: Reviewing your efforts compared to a few of your competitors is also called “looking up the ladder.” This can be beneficial to draw inspiration, set goals, and find areas that you do and do not want to incorporate into your strategy.
- Content Review: A content review or audit to understand from an analytical perspective what is and isn’t working to guide future efforts.
- Fix-it List: What needs to be fixed and optimized so you can begin working towards the strategic goals?
- Action Plan: This is your step-by-step action plan to accomplish what you outlined.
Digital Marketing Strategies can be more complicated than this but these are the basics if you’re looking to pencil it out yourself.
A Website That Provides Value
Part of developing your online presence is having a professional website where your customers can learn more about your brand, shop at their convenience, and research whether or not your product or service is a good fit for their needs. Businesses today face so much competition, while consumers enjoy a wide variety of options. Your company’s web presence is becoming more and more critical. Not only do you need a web design that is professional, modern, and appealing, but you also need content that showcases your unique qualities.
Your website is more than just a domain name with some content attached. It’s essential your site takes a strategic approach that works alongside and supports your other digital marketing channels.
How Your Website and Strategy Connect
Many businesses make the mistake of designing their site before accurately determining their marketing strategy. This is where our process starts. Our strategic marketing approach to web design ensures that every part of your website serves a specific purpose. We take the time to learn about your company so that your new website is relevant to your end goal, whatever that may be.
- What does your business do, and how do you provide value to your customers?
- What are your goals? Now and five years from now?
- Why is a website the tool for that goal?
- Why do you want a website?
Your website is the centerpiece of all of your digital marketing efforts. Without one, it will be challenging to build brand awareness, run online ads, and even gain more data about your audience. 31% of small business owners use social media instead of having a website. Using your Facebook or other social platforms is not an alternative solution for a website! Having a website helps to increase your business searchability and organic reach. If you’re marketing your business online or even thinking about it you need to have a place to send your potential customers.
How do you get started? For a free estimate, fill out our project questionnaire so that we can start learning more about you and your company. Then our experts will contact you to discuss your needs in more detail so that we can provide a proposal for your project.